Saturday, April 19, 2008

Commuting

I've started commuting on the bicycle in earnest the last few weeks, and this week almost every day. I have a pretty good route, takes me through low enough traffic areas that death isnt alway lurking on my left, but its varied enough that I dont sing Mary Poppins songs in my head. Im riding the Cervy for now, but Im also building up the Snake as my "truck". She's still pretty nice, but not quite so exotic. Campy Centaur, 3TTT , so on and so forth.

Yesterday I was riding along shoal creek, and I'm waiting for a light to change. This guy rolls up behind me and just crashes. Big as day. I looked back and asked if he was ok, he didn't really reply, but he looked ok, so I left him alone. Right after the light changed, we went through the intersection, he goes blazing past me pushing a big ass gear at a really low cadence. I guess he was embarrassed. He was on a Kuota that was creaking like an old suspension bridge. Cool.

Sometimes this is such a weird town.

No comments: