Sunday, September 28, 2008

Life is made up of a dizzying array of choices

And because of some of the ones I've made here lately, I havent been on a bicycle in three weeks. This is UN-ACCEPTABLE.

I have this sort of malaise about riding in the last few weeks since I now know for sure I'm going to the Stan next year. Its like not wanting to start something, get solid again, just in time to stop. The benefits to me physically, right before going to live at 7000 ft above MSL for a year are beyond question, but I still drag my feet. Part of it is that I cant stand spending time away from the kids before I go. I tell myself that Im investing in their future by spending time working out, but as a rule, Taliban bullets dont care what physical condition youre in, so I say to hell with that and spend time with the babies. More soon.

No comments: